Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- Calories: 79 Kcal
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrate: 9 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g.
- 1 pound medium sized asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 4 tsp. unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Steam the asparagus until just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a cold saucepan, blend canola oil with flour using a wire whisk. Slowly whisk in the milk and heat the sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese. Pour hot cheese sauce over asparagus and serve immediately.