Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- Calories: 345 Kcal
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 9g..
- 1 chubby orange-fleshed sweet potato, peeled
- 4 (1/2-inch) slices rustic whole-wheat Italian bread
- 2 oz. Pepper Jack cheese, thinly sliced or shredded (preferably reduced fat)
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 (1/2-inch) slices tomato
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut sweet potato in 1/4-inch slices. Place sweet potato slices on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, until slices are just tender. Using wide spatula, transfer slices to wire rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast bread. Place 1 slice on each of two plates. Immediately cover hot toast with cheese. Top with 2 slices sweet potato, 2 slices onion, 2 slices tomato and half the arugula. Save remaining sweet potato for later use.
- On remaining bread slices, use fork to mash and spread avocado. Close sandwich, placing avocado side down. With serrated knife, cut sandwiches diagonally in half.