- Energy: 184Kcals/769kJ
- Fat, total: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.1g
- Sugar, total: 40.1g
- Fibre-NSP: 2.1g
- Sodium: 31.5mg
- 175g/6oz/ ¼ cup caster sugar
- 150ml/ ¼ pint/3⅓ cups raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 500ml/ 17 fl oz/generous 2 cups virtually fat-free fromage frais
- Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and brings to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a jug and cool.
- Put 350g/ 12oz/2 ½ cups of the raspberries in a food processors or blender. Process to a puree, then, using the back of a spoon, press through a sieve placed over a large bowl to remove the seeds. Stir the sugar syrup into the raspberry puree and chill the mixture until it is very cold.
- Add the fromage frais to the chilled puree and whisk until smooth. If you are using an ice cream maker, churn for 25-30 minutes until thick. If you are making it by hand pour the mixture into a freezeproof container and freeze for 4 hours, beating once with a fork, electric whisk or in a food processor to break up the ice crystals.
- Scrape the sherbet into a plastic tub and beat it again. Crush the remaining raspberries and add them to the sherbet. Mix lightly, freeze for 2-3 hours until firm. Scoop into dishes and serve with extra raspberries.