Nutritive InformationPer portion:
- Energy: 320Kcals
- Fat: 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.34 g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Fibre: 3.92g
- 675 g -rhubarb sliced
- 50g/4 tbsp- caster sugar
- 45 ml /3 tbsp- orange juice
- 200g 11/3 cups- self-raising flour
- 30ml /2 tbsp caster sugar
- About 200g 1cup natural yogurt
- Grated rind of 1 medium, orange
- 30ml /2tbsp demerara sugar
- 5 ml /1tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 200 0. Cook the rhubarb, sugar and orange juice in a covered pan until tender. Tip into an ovenproof dish.
- To make the topping, mix the flour and caster sugar, then stir enough of the yogurt to bind to a soft dough.
- Roll out on an floured surface to a 25 cm/10 in square. Mix the orange rind, demerara sugar and ginger then sprinkle this over the dough.
- Roll up, quite tightly then cut into about 10 slices using a sharp knife. Arrange the slices over the rhubarb.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the spirals are well risen and golden brown. Serve warm with yogurt or custard.