Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories: 90 Kcal
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 4g
- Fiber: 4g
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. sesame or peanut oil
- 1/2 small-medium Savoy, napa or green cabbage, cut lengthwise, cored, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium-large carrots, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, garnish
- In small bowl, lightly beat egg. In small skillet, heat oil over low-medium heat. Pour in egg and let evenly coat bottom of skillet. Cook egg until set. Slide egg onto plate. Roll up egg and slice into 1/4-inch rounds and set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, stock, soy sauce and a few grinds of black pepper. Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle soup into four warmed soup bowls. Place several egg slices on surface of each bowl. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.