Nutritive InformationPer 1 1/4 cup Serving
- Calories: 344 Kcal
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrate: 56 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Fiber: 17 g
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 Tbsp.
- OnionL: 1 medium , chopped
- Garlic: 2 cloves , minced
- Dried rosemary: 1/2 tsp.
- Dried oregano: 1/2 tsp.
- Low-sodium chicken broth: 8 cups (vegetable stock or water may be substituted)
- Carrots: 4 medium , diced
- Potatoes: 4 medium , cubed small
- Dried split peas: 1 lb. , rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic, adding rosemary and oregano until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, carrots, potatoes and split peas. Bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for about 90 minutes or until peas are soft. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently to keep solids from burning on the bottom of pot.
- You can adjust the thickness by adding a bit of broth, stock or water. Serve hot.