- Calories: 282
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 594 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
Ground Turkey Stuffed Poblanos:
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 poblanos
- 12 tablespoons shredded mexican cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- garnish: fresh cilanto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and onions. Saute the onions until they are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Next add ground turkey breast and cook until there is no more pink. About 5-6 minutes. Add in cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt and black pepper. Stir to mix all the spices together.
- Add black beans and fire roasted tomatoes to the ground turkey mixture. Mix everything together.
- Slice about a 3-4" slit down each poblano pepper and stuff each pepper with the turkey mixture. Place stuffed poblanos on a baking sheet, stuffed side facing up.
- Cover the baking sheet with a tin foil
- Bake fro 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each pepper with 2 tablespoons of mexican cheese. Place poblanos back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, to a small food processor add greek yogurt, avocado, fresh lime juice, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt. Blend until mixture is combined and smooth.
- Drizzle each poblano with avocado crema.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro