Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- 200 calories
- 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat)
- 24 g carbohydrate
- 8 g protein
- 9 g dietary fiber
- 218 mg sodium
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1 15.5 oz can reduced sodium garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese
- Drain garbanzo beans and add to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mash to a smoother consistency (more or less depending on how chunky you'd like it).
- Add the avocado and lemon juice and continue mashing until well mixed. Stir in cilantro, red onion, celery, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Top lettuce cups with sliced tomatoes (and any other toppings, e.g. cucumbers, bell pepper, jalapenos or sprouts).
- Divide chickpea mixture into 4-5 portions and spoon onto lettuce cups. Top with a sprinkle of feta cheese.