Note: There is typically no chance of hurting the baby while having sex during as the amniotic fluid and your cervix protect the growing baby. But If you are having oral sex, your partner should not blow air into your vagina, as during pregnancy this can cause an air bubble to block a blood vessel.
Positioning can be a little tricky, particularly in the later stages of pregnancy, however, you can try these Options:
- Spooning: Lie side by side with him behind you. This makes for more shallow penetration. This is one of those intuitive sex positions whose name tells you most of what you need to know. The basic spooning position, is good for pregnant women. Although, it can be hard to get traction and build rhythm or momentum. But snuggling your body right up against your partner does provide a closeness that most positions don’t offer.
- Reverse Cow Girl Position: Let your man lie on his back and, facing his feet, straddle him with your knees on either side of his hips. Or, if it’s more comfortable, squat over him with your feet flat on the bed. When he’s nice and hard (and you’re well lubricated), place one hand on the bed or his legs to steady yourself, as you hold the base of his penis with your other hand, and slowly lower yourself onto him. Once he’s securely inside of you, start moving up and down, using your leg muscles to build momentum. You can help maintain your balance by placing your hands in front of you (on his legs or the bed), or reach back and put your hands on his thighs.
- Kneeling fox: For this one, you get on your hands and knees and lean forward on your arms. He kneels, grabs hold of your waist and enters you from behind. Doggy-style positions are great for pregnancy sex. It becomes harder for you to support the weight of your growing bump, but this position lets you spread the weight.
- The wrap-around: It’s an intimate, loving position and comfortable for pregnant woman as she can lean back to accommodate any size of the bump. The man sits on the bed, with his legs outstretched. Then you climb on top of him, and wrap your legs round behind his waist, while he pulls you towards him. Then you move up and down at a speed to suit you.
- Scissors: The scissors position requires very little effort on the woman’s part, so it’s a great option if you’re dead tired but still want a romp in the hay. This position requires you to lie on your side and lift your top leg. Your man can then straddle your bottom leg and support you top leg on his shoulder as he thrusts into you. Again, you may also want to place some pillows under yourbelly for support.
- Woman on Top: By positioning themselves on top, women can eliminate any pressure on the baby belly. Not only is this much more comfortable for you, but it’s also considered to be a little safer for your baby. As an added bonus, most woman-on-top positions give women more control and easier access to the clitoris. There’s no pressure on your belly, and you can control the speed and depth of penetration.
- The Tabletop: If you’re looking for a quickie in the kitchen, the tabletop’s the sex position for you! This position requires you to sit on a sturdy, waist-high tabletop or, as shown below, a supportive piece of sex furniture. As your partner thrusts in and out, you can support yourself by leaning back on your arms or wrapping your arms around his neck.
- Side of the bed: You lie on your back on the edge of the bed with your knees bent and feet on the edge. He stands facing you. It’s like classic missionary, but he won’t be resting his body weight on you.
- Living room love: Kneel on a couch with your belly facing the back of it; use your arms for support. He penetrates from behind.
There’s not need to cut out sex when you’re pregnant. In fact, many women report having some of the best sex of their lives.