All foods carry some calories. No food is actually “negative calorie” food. BUT the overall effect of certain foods in our body is that of “negative calories”. Negative calorie foods are foods, which use more calories to digest than the calories the foods actually contain! Calories from these foods are much harder for the body to breakdown and process. In other words, the body has to work harder in order to extract calories from these foods. This gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.
A piece of dessert consisting of 400 calories may require only 150 calories to be digested by our body, resulting in a net gain of 250 calories which is added to our body fat! According to this theory, for example, if you eat 100 calories of a food that requires 150 calories to digest, then you’ve burnt an additional 50 calories simply by eating that food. Typically, a 25 calorie piece of broccoli (100 gram) requires 80 calories to digest, resulting in a net loss of 55 calories from the body fat!! Thus, the more you eat, the more you lose weight!!!
These foods are natural plant foods with high carbohydrates and fibers and very less fat. It is very difficult for our body to break carbohydrates and convert into fat needing much effort, whereas the fatty foods are added very easily to our body fat. Moreover, the fiber present in these plant foods are very useful for our body, they are filling, and good for controlling cholesterol and high blood pressure (hypertension), avoiding cancer.
Despite this fact, you do not want to cut fat out of your diet completely, since eating monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats can help you to maintain a healthy weight. Overall, between 15 and 30 percent of your calories should come from foods that contain healthy fats like fish, olive oil, and nuts. In addition, going on a gluten-free diet will not help you to lose weight and could leave you with some nutritional deficiencies. Your goal should be to create a calorie deficit by burning more calories than you consume daily, as no matter what you eat, this is the only way that you will end up losing weight.
There are a large number of foods that combine low calories, delicious taste, and excellent negative calorie properties. For reducing weight and to fight obesity, you should not starve. Rather eat a lot of negative calorie foods to lose that extra fat and become slim naturally.
Some of these Natural Foods are:
Get rolling to add these foods in your diet to stay lean healthy and fit.
For interesting ideas on slimming down your meals, log on to http://www.womenfitness.net/wfmember.
Did You Know?
- Over weight people are more likely to have hypertension, arthritis, stroke, high blood cholesterol levels, diabetes and some kinds of cancer.
- If you loose your extra fat & weight, you will get rid of all the diseases mentioned above and become fit & healthy.
- To loose weight you need not skip meals or eat less or count calories. You can eat negative calorie foods as much as you want without worrying about weight gain!
- The slower the metabolic rate, the greater the weight gains. Fortunately there are metabolism booster foods. Your metabolism can be speeded up so that your body will burn fat even while sleeping!
- If your thyroid is underactive, you can gain weight.
- The cravings you get can be managed and controlled.
- Your muscles are responsible for over 25% of your calorie use, burning calories even while at rest.
- You can eat good tasting nutritious snacks, entrees, desserts, pickles, soups, salads, sauces, etc. with “negative calorie” ingredients without worrying about calories! It is really true, eat to lose weight!
- Protein vs. Carbohydrates: A Weight-Loss Choice?
- Fast Weight loss
- Top 10 to increase Fiber Power
- Top 10 Foods That Help you lose weight
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.