Share 5 stress management tips for female professionals, who consider you as their role model, to create a healthy work-life balance?
- Stay in touch with friends and make sure you make time to see them
- Take time off for yourself and completely relax. Use the time to clear your mind. Go to a spa or travel for the weekend.
- Read a “feel-good” book occasionally. Happy stories lift my mood.
- Exercise whenever you can. I found going to the gym or swimming always makes me feel good.
- Find a hobby. Find something you’ve always wanted to do and start doing it.
Presently holding the post of CFO at Banque du Caire, how do you plan to contribute to the banking sector in Arab countries? Any specific initiative to facilitate women clientele?
Banque Due Caire is one of the largest banks in Egypt. It is on a journey of transformation, and I am very excited to be playing a role in driving its turnaround strategy. The banking industry is being disrupted through technology and innovation and I am hoping to play an active role in helping my organization -and the industry in Egypt at large- to keep up with changing times and transform the way banking is done.
To be able to influence any change one needs to engage with the right stakeholders; whether they are banks, regulators, associations, etc. I am dreaming of working with other industry players on creating a Women’s Network in Egypt (and eventually the region) that aims at connecting women in senior roles in the financial services industry. It would aim at supporting women in building their network, connecting them to other industry players and disrupters, exposing them to the most recent developments affecting the industry and developing their skills and knowledge. My hope is that such an organization would help senior women progress in their careers and have an impactful role in developing the industry. I was privileged to be part of a similar network during the time I worked in the UK and I would love to see it in our part of the world.
What according to you are top 5 qualities that a business leader must possess?
- Vision: Capable of creating a vision for their teams, obtaining their buy in and leading them on the journey of achieving that vison.
- Visible drive: capable of driving change with visible determination to enhance organizational performance
- Leader of people: a real leader will focus on developing their people, caring for their well-being and helping them achieve their full potential
- Strong value system: uncompromising on values and leads by example
- Collaborative: a true leader needs to value team work and collaboration and encourage their teams to do the same.