A special type of yoga that stimulates the acupressure points in your earlobes & sends electrical signals to the brain, thus stimulating it and boosting cognitive clarity.
The result is a sharper and calmer mind, reduced ADHD, better performance in school and anything else that involves learning, retention, and recall.
Steps to Perform Super Brain Yoga
Here’s how to do this brain exercise:
- Start by standing erect on the floor with your head facing in the direction of the east. If you don’t know which direction is east, that’s fine; just make sure you stand in the Tadasana pose.
- Lift your right arm and fold it at the elbow. Get the index finger and thumb and connect them to your left earlobe, making sure the thumb faces away from your face.
- Now take your left arm, fold it at the elbow and do the same for the right earlobe. Use your index finger and thumb of your left hand for this.
- Your tongue should touch the roof of your mouth and press against it throughout the duration of this pose.
- Keep your feet apart and squat down. Inhale and hold your breath for a few moments; stay in this position for a while.
- Exhale and get up slowly.
- Repeat this process about 15 to 20 times to reap the benefits and make the most of it.
Tips to consider when you do Superbrain Yoga
- Make sure your back and shoulders are straight, and your torso, spine, and neck erect. Your feet should stay flat on the ground and your shoulders must widen. If your posture is not correct, you won’t be able to make the most of this exercise.
- The tongue resting against the roof of your mouth by pressing actually activates the relaxation response in your body. This makes you more mindful when performing the pose.
- Make sure you perform the pose in a quiet well-lit room that’s free from noises or distractions. You can also do this pose in your backyard or a quiet outdoor space with a lawn to feel more relaxed and grounded.
- Take off your jewellery, fashion accessories & avoid tight clothing. These would distract you and get in the way. Wear loose, comfortable clothing and stay hydrated before performing this exercise.
- If your child practises this exercise regularly, you’ll notice her recall capacity and attention span improving.
Practice Superbrain Yoga with kids & family every day and unlock your brain power.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.