Tobacco product use among US youth is increasing. More than 1 in 4 high school students and about 1 in 14 middle school students in 2018 had used a tobacco product in the past 30 days.
- E-cigarettes are still the most commonly used tobacco product, ahead of cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, hookah, and pipes.
- E-cigarettes are the most commonly used product in combination with other tobacco products.
- E-cigarette use is highest for boys, whites, and high school students.
By accepting teens as good human beings and walking hand in hand we can help them overcome this health obstacle.
Reasons to Quit Smoking
Get involved with them, be patient, help them consider the following reasons like,
- Chances of having cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, stroke, cataracts, and other diseases will go down.
- Stronger immunity
- Breathe to the heartful and cough less.
- Healthier skin with a more youthful look.
- No stains on teeth and fingernails.
- Quitting will make you feel better and improve your health. But there are other reasons to quit that you might not have thought about.
Besides, you achieve a better lifestyle
- More money to spend.
- Spend more time with family, catch up on work, or dive into my favorite hobby.
- No worry about when I can smoke next or where I can or can’t smoke.
- Food will taste better.
- Clothes will smell better.
- Better able to smell food, flowers, and other things.
- My friends, family, and other loved ones will be proud of me.
- I will protect my friends and family from the dangers of second-hand smoke.
- More energy to do the things I love with friends and family.
- Be around to share my family’s special moments.
You too can make a list of all the reasons you want to become smokefree. Keep the list in a place where you will see it often, like your car or where you used to keep your cigarettes.
When you feel the urge to smoke, look at the list to remind yourself why you want to quit.