Cheesy Quinoa Casserole With Sweet Potatoes & Swiss Chard
Chef Michelle of the Plated Culinary Team
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 12 oz sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces whole milk
- 1 1/2 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 ounce fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 6 ounces Swiss chard
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- Prepare Ingredients: Preheat oven to 425°F. Mince garlic. Peel shallot and mince. Rinse sweet potatoes and halve lengthwise. Cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices. Rinse Swiss chard, tear leaves into bite-size pieces, and thinly slice stems. Separate 1 egg, reserving yolk.
- Sauté Aromatics: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add garlic and shallot and sauté, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Cook Quinoa and Sweet Potatoes: Add quinoa, sweet potatoes, and 2½ cups water to pot with aromatics. Season with ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook until quinoa is tender and all liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside.
- Sauté Swiss Chard: While quinoa and sweet potatoes cook, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add Swiss chard stems and sauté, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in Swiss chard leaves and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat. Season with ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt and pepper as desired.
- Assemble Casserole: Add Swiss chard leaves and stems to pot with quinoa and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Stir in cheese mix, milk, and 1 egg yolk. Transfer mixture to tin, reshaping if bent. Using the back of a spoon, smooth top of casserole. Sprinkle pecorino on top.
- Bake Casserole: Place casserole on a baking sheet, transfer to oven, and bake until golden and bubbling, 12-15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve on your favorite plates and enjoy it while it’s hot.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
By Southern Pressed Juiceryabout:blank
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups dates
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1.5 cups soaked cashew
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup agave nectar (could use maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In food processor combine all ingredients for crust. In a pie tin with removable bottomform the crust by pressing into the tin with your hands.
- In vitamin or other high speed blender, combine all ingredients for the filling.
- Pour filling over top of the crust to desired thickness. Place pie tin on a level surface in the freezer. The pie will firm within an hour.
- Top the pie with sliced almonds and ground cinnamon, or topping of choice, such as dairy free whipped cream.
Happy 2020 Thanksgiving, at Home.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.