Making the lower legs tight one should place both the feet on the either side of the anus. This is called Vajrasana which brings success to the yogis.
- Sit with legs extended together, hands by the side of the body, palm resting on the ground, fingers of the hands together pointing forward.
- Fold the right leg at the knee and place the foot under the right buttock. Sole will remain inside.
- Similarly folding the left foot, place it under the left buttock.
- Hands resting on the respective thighs.
- Sit erect, gaze in front close the eyes.
- While returning to the original position, bend little towards right side take out your left leg and extend it.
- Similarly extend your right leg and return to the original position.
Benefits and Limitations:-
- This strengthens thigh muscles and calf muscles.
- Persons suffering from piles should not practice it.
- While sitting on the bent feet, the heels should remain out and toes inside. Soles upward.