Three components that are a must in your fitness regime? 5 exercises to build full-body strength post your 30s?
Three musts in my fitness regiment are;
1. Eating about 2 hours prior to a work out. If I don’t eat at the right time or the right meal my workout suffers.
2. Stretching is a must before and after my workouts. My job is basically doing gymnastics but on a dirt bike in the air so flexibility is key.
3. Taking the right supplements before and after. One of the best sponsors I have is Onnit. They make literally everything and the quality of the product is amazing. I always take their prework out and protein for after.
My workouts are normally full body and 90% of the time its functional training. Rarely using machines. I have a great trainer, Charles Dao from Icon Sports in Murrieta, Ca. He gives me a bit more than 5 workouts but we basically address my weaknesses and incorporate them into my workouts. I had a bad crash that I almost lost my leg. Thankfully I didn’t but I have an ankle that’s fused so range of motion is very limited and basic balance is really tough. So we have focused a lot on balance and legs while maintaining the rest of my body’s strength. This is my latest workout from Charles..
- DB Corkscrews 15x 15#
- DB Bentover Row’s to RDL (Straight Leg Deadlift) 10x 20#
- In & Out Jumps (Black Band) 20x
- Single Arm DB Chest Press on Swissball 10/10x 30#
- Bulgarian Split Squat Jumps 10/10x
- Lateral Walkouts with Band 10x
- 3 Way Heel Touches on BOSU 5/5x
- Leg Raises to Press Up 20x
- Reverse Angels 20x
What are the must-have in your gym bag?
Must haves are pretty simple for me. Water. I like to travel light and the training facility is a few minutes from my house so I normally don’t bring much. Haha.
Define the Women Fitness website for our viewers.
I believe a lot of people make the mistake of not being open to trying new things pertaining to diet and fitness. The Women Fitness website has so much invaluable information from professionals from every corner of the fitness industry. Having access to all of these new ideas in one single spot is amazing. Even though my workouts focus more on explosive strength and cardio, I still benefit from pilates, yoga, and even TRX style training.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.