Crispy Vegan Waffle with Red Lentil
- 1/2 cup Red lentils 200g
- 1 cup Dairy-free milk (I use almond or oat milk) 2,3 dl
- 1 cup Brown rice flour 125g
- 1/3 cup Oat flour 35g
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Cane sugar 65g
- 1 Flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax – 3 Tbsp water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
Find full recipe here.
Serving: 1waffle | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5.3g | Fat: 1.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 2.9g | Sugar: 8.1g | Vitamin A: 3% | Vitamin C: 0.25% | Calcium: 17% | Iron: 10%
Flourless Banana Pancake
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, if you are gluten free, you might want to get certified gluten free
- 2 1/2 cups milk, or non-dairy milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend everything together until oats are ground and there are no chunks of bananas, about 1 minute. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also put everything in a blender or food processor.
- Ideally, let the batter sit for 15-30 minutes to allow the oats to hydrate. I have cooked them right away, but the pancakes turn out better and fluffier if it sits. So just sit down with your coffee and read the paper. (Tell everyone it’s mandatory…part of the recipe!)
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick pan over medium heat. When hot pour batter onto griddle* and cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Great add-ins while cooking: chocolate chips, blueberries, raspberries, banana slices, or white chocolate chips
- Top with maple syrup, homemade blueberry syrup, or spread with peanut butter or Nutella
- My griddle works without using any oil to cook the pancakes. If you find your pancakes sticking, you can use butter, cooking spray, or coconut oil.
- You can halve the recipe if you don’t need as many. I like to put the extras in a gallon freezer bag to use for weekday breakfasts.
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 55
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 47mg
- Potassium 130mg
- Total Carbohydrates 9g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 2g
Tofu Breakfast Burritos
Author: Gwen Leron
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons oil divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 block extra-firm tofu pressed and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (kala namak) (or regular salt, to taste, see info about kala namak above)
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 6 large tortillas (use gluten-free tortillas, if needed)
- garnishes (see suggestions above)
Find full recipe here.
Calories: 869kcal | Carbohydrates: 154.3g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21.4g | Saturated Fat: 4.4g | Sodium: 845mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 8.8g
Orange & Pomegranate Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 pinch powdered ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 Tbs pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange zested and cut into segments
- 2 Tbs toasted cashews
- 1 Tbs toasted shredded coconut
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Mix oats, coconut milk, spices and honey in a mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Add oat mixture to a mason jar and fill halfway. Then layer half of the remaining ingredients. Repeat process to fill the jar then and garnish with fresh mint sprig.
Vanilla Cake in a Mug
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon tigernut flour
- 2 teaspoons monk’s fruit sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- small handful of seasonal fruit or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- to make a chocolate version, add 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- COMBINE the olive oil, coconut flour, tigernut flour, sweetener, vanilla, baking powder, and salt in a microwave-safe mug. Add the egg, and whip with a fork until texture is smooth and consistent, with no lumps. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the mug. Fold in the fruit or chocolate chips, if using.
- MICROWAVE for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Let cool for a couple minutes, then shake out onto a plate. Serve plain or with butter, honey, or whatever topping you prefer.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.