Carmen Electra is an American glamour model, actress, television personality, singer, and dancer. She gained fame for her appearances in Playboy magazine, on the MTV game show Singled Out, on the TV series Baywatch, and dancing with the Pussycat Dolls, and has since had roles in the parody films Scary Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Disaster Movie. She hosted MTV Spring Break for some time.
With an exotic skin tone, azure blue eyes and an amazing figure, she always knew she was meant for stardom. She began her professional career as a dancer and singer before moving on to television. She took up her stage name Carmen Electra at the beginning of her singing career, which was meant to be quite short-lived. An opportunity to appear nude on an issue of Playboy magazine changed her fortunes forever. Her new found popularity as a beauty with a gorgeous figure led to offers from the highly popular television show ‘Baywatch’ in which she played the role of lifeguard Lani McKenzie. One television appearance led to another and soon she was chosen to host the game show, ‘Singled Out’ on MTV. Film offers also began to pour in and she made her big screen debut with ‘American Vampire’, followed by movies like ‘Scary movie’, ‘Dirty Love’ and ‘Epic movie’. She has also appeared in cameo roles in many television series and as a character in a video game.
- In 1990, she found work as a dancer at Kings Island amusement park in Ohio where she performed in the popular show ’It’s Magic’.
- She moved to California in 1991 to pursue a singing career. She met the musician Prince and signed a recording contract with his Paisley Park Records. It was during this period, she adopted the stage name Carmen Electra.
- Her debut album, the self-titled ‘Carmen Electra’ was released in 1993.
- She began to work as a model later and was offered a chance to pose for the Playboy magazine. In May 1996, she appeared in a nude pictorial, her first for the magazine.
- Playboy pictures gave her considerable exposure and she was given a chance to star on the popular television series, ‘Baywatch’ as a replacement for Pamela Anderson.
- She portrayed the lifeguard Lani McKenzie on ‘Baywatch’ for the 1997-98 season. She reprised the role in the reunion movie ‘Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding’ in 2003.
- She made her big screen debut in 1997, as Sulka in the comedy-horror, ‘American Vampire’.
- She was chosen to host the MTV game show, ‘Singled Out’ during the 1997-98 season.
- She appeared again in the Playboy in June 1997. She featured on the magazine cover three more times in December 2000, April 2003 and January 2009.
- She acted in several movies during the late 1990s including ‘Starstruck’ (1998) and ‘The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human’ (1999).
- She featured in ‘Scary Movie’ in 2000. The film was a spoof that parodied the popular horror movie franchises such as ‘Scream’, and ‘The Sixth Sense’.
- She made cameo appearances in many movies over the next few years, some of the notable ones are ‘Sol Goode’ (2001), ‘Monster Island’ (2004), ‘Date Movie’ (2006), and ‘Christmas in Wonderland’ (2007).
- In the 2008 movie ‘Meet the Spartans’, a film parodied on popular movies, television shows and pop cultural events, she played the role of Queen Margo. The film was a commercial hit.
- Her recent films include ‘Oy Vey! My Son is Gay!!’ (2009), ‘Mardi Gras: Spring Break’ (2011) and ‘2-Headed Shark Attack’ (2012).
- She has also made several appearances on television shows, mostly in a cameo or minor roles, and has also featured in various TV advertisements.
Carmen Electra, a stunning and highly accomplished actress and model walks us through her incredible professional journey in an exclusive interview with Namita Nayyar, President Women Fitness.
All content on this site is copyright of Women Fitness and no part of any article found on this site may be reproduced without an express permission and highlighted, do follow link crediting http://www.womenfitness.net/ or preferably the original page as the source. This interview is exclusive and taken by Namita Nayyar President womenfitness.net and should not be reproduced, copied or hosted in part or full anywhere without an express permission.
All Written Content Copyright © 2016 Women Fitness
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.