This new trend has earned its name from the narrow line of light that shimmers in the middle of the nail polish. Resembling the eye of a cat, the cat eye gel nails effect is still the hottest in the market!
You need a special kind of polish that contains iron powder fragments that are attracted to magnets for the cat eye effect. The iron particles are dense, so they usually sink to the base layer of the polish as it’s applied. When a magnet is placed over the nail, the iron particles rise toward the surface and stay there due to the thickness of the polish as it dries. The particles can be seen through the nail polish, which creates the mesmerizing cat eye effect.
Home Tips to Create Cat Eye Nails
- Apply the polish as normal.
- After each coat, hold the magnetic wand directly above the polish for five to ten seconds.
- The magnetic particles in the polish magically come together to form the glowing stripe.
Tips for a success
- First apply the polish to all your nails and let dry.
- Working one nail at a time, apply a second coat of polish and immediately hold the magnet over your nail for about 10-15 seconds. This is the trickiest part – you want to hold the magnet close to your nail without touching it.
- You will notice a cool wavy, textured effect which you need to let completely dry and then finish with a top coat for a glossy look and to protect the pattern.
Do try it out.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.