There are so many different colors to choose from this winter when manicuring your nails. You can go minimal, with just one colour, or use a few, either on different nails or even one. Though you may be tempted to pick the winter basics, remember your blues, purples and nudes. Almost anything goes this season; it’s all about how you decorate them.
- Pearl: Pearl nails are like looking into an ornament or pure white glowing snow. They’re festive but remain feminine, while the ballerina shape adds to their elegance. Pearl looks exceptionally beautiful on nails that are a little longer, so keep that in mind when filing your nails.
- Purple Frostbite: An icy purple will look fantastic if you want to fit in with the cold, crisp atmosphere of winter. These dark to light gradient nails are the perfect variation of the more popular, pink to white nails. You could even add a little bit of silver or gold glitter on top.
- Gradient Red: Paint each nail a different shade of red, starting with the deepest colour and ending with the lightest. This winter look is more subtle, keeping with the theme without being overly committed to the festivity.
- Starry Night: This negative space glitter star manicure is festive enough to last you straight through New Year’s Eve.
- Red and White Snowflake: A white Christmas might not be a thing where you live, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add some snowflakes onto your nails to get you in the holiday mood. Paint your nails red first, let the polish dry completely, then add on the snowflakes.
- Colorful Twinkles: For a twist on classic stars, try doing them in shades of neon. Pro tip: Use toothpicks to get the detailing just right.
- Everything that Glitters is Gold: Paint your nails a simple colour like white and pink, then dress it up by adding a sprinkle of glitter. It’ll be a favorite winter design and an excellent choice if you want to add a touch of luxury to your seasonal nails.
- Green Trend-setter: Experiment with different textures and shades of green this season. Dark green, ballerina shaped, matte nails can look amazing. Try it; you won’t have any regrets.
- Nude and Silver: These nails are so glamorous and gorgeous. If you usually tend to go for a simple nude nail, you can continue this trend over winter. Simply sprinkle a bit of holiday spirit on top and make them sparkle. In fact, paint one nail entirely silvers and frost the other for a more expensive finish.
- Marble and Gold Leaf: If you’re dedicated to upkeep of your nails, then this is a good look to try. Black and white marble nails are a little more stylish with the addition of gold leaf on top. These nails are a real statement piece which you could rock this winter.
Have a bright Shimmery New Year.