8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for the pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for the pan
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and lightly flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl (using an electric mixer, if desired), beat the butter and sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then the mashed bananas, leaving some chunky banana pieces.
- Fold in the flour mixture just until combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the bread in the pan; carefully remove from the pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Doggy treat: Canine Mini Patties:
1 pound salmon
2 large organic sweet potatoes
1 large egg
½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the salmon in 2 cups water. When the fillets are cooked through, drain and let them cool. Once they’re cool enough to touch, shred each one with a fork.
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. Mash the sweet potatoes together with the shredded salmon.
- Beat the egg and add to the sweet potato and salmon mixture. Add the rolled oats to the mixture, and stir well.
- Finally, make 1-inch patties (they can be a little larger, depending on you pup’s size and appetite!) with the salmon mixture and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven (you can break one patty open to make sure it’s cooked all the way through) and let cool before serving to your pup.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.