Celebrate National Oatmeal Month this January with theses delicious and nutritious recipes. While a hot bowl of oatmeal is always the perfect go-to on a cold morning, did you know there are a variety of ways to enjoy this whole grain? Plus, since oats are a good source of fiber, they may help support a healthy digestive system – a win-win for your nutrition new year’s resolution goals.
1. Oatmeal Chai Latte – By Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN
Blend oats into your latte to create this tasty breakfast combo.
2. Tropical Oat Smoothie Bowl – By Kath Younger, RD (Kath Eats Real Food)
Embrace the smoothie oatmeal (aka ‘smoatmeal’) trend with a recipe that even on the coldest day will make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation.
3. Chai Pomegranate Overnight Oats – By Quaker
As winter staple, pomegranates make the perfect topper for your overnight oats.
4. Oatmeal Bake – By Wendy Lopez and Jessica Jones, RDs (Food Heaven Made Easy)
Love leftovers? This oatmeal bake is perfect to make over the weekend and then enjoy throughout the week.
5. Savory Green Oatmeal – By May Zhu, RD (Nutrition Happens)
Use up your green winter veggies by pureeing and combining them with oats to make a delicious and savory bowl that can be enjoyed anytime of day.
Try out these recipes this January and let us know how they turned out.