- 45 calories
- 0 g fat
- 12 g carbohydrate
- 0 g protein
- 2 g dietary fiber
- 0 mg sodium.
- 5 medium apples, chopped
- 1 - 2 cup water
- 1 large date, pitted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place chopped apples in a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add pitted date and cinnamon and mash. Cover and cook another 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Put mixture into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and spread with a spatula into a thin layer.
- Bake at 175-200° (as low as your oven will go) for 2-3 hours or until it's tacky but doesn't stick to your finger.