Calories: 151 Kcal
Fat: 3.5 g
Carbohydrate: 31 g
Protein: 2 g
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 3 large Granny Smith apples or any variety baking apple
- 3 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4-1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray oven-proof glass pie dish.
- Cut apples in half from top to bottom, core and peel. Lay halves flat and cut into medium slices. Place apple slices in large bowl.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture on apples and gently stir until apples are evenly coated with spices.
- Gently fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared pie dish. Drizzle cider evenly over top.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Using spatula, carefully turn over apple mixture to get caramelized sauce from bottom of dish. Serve hot or let cool to room temperature, refrigerate and serve cold later.