- 142 calories
- 8 g total fat (1 g saturated fat)
- 16 g carbohydrates
- 4 g protein
- 4 g dietary fiber
- 162 mg sodium
- 0 g sugar
- 1 15-ounce can Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), with liquid
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch Salt (optional)
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 small Jalapeno pepper, quartered
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro
- 1 small Avocado
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid. Put the beans into a blender or food processor.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, black pepper, and olive oil, as well as about half of the reserved bean liquid.
- Add the lemon zest, jalapeno, and cilantro to the blender or processor.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into the blender or processor.
- Puree the mixture, adding enough reserved bean liquid as necessary to produce a smooth, very thick, creamy dip. Pour the bean dip into a serving dish. Optional: garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, additional fresh cilantro, and paprika.