- Calories: 364
- Carbohydrates: 48.5 gms
- Fat: 13.8 gms
- Protein: 10.8 gms
- 250 gms whole-wheat flour
- 20 ml ice-cold water
- 25 gms yeast
- 2 tomatoes
- 15 garlic flakes (finely chopped)
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 10 + 10 ml olive oil
- 10 ml lime juice
- 50 gms boiled chick peas (kabuli channa)
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 75 gms yogurt (dahi)
- 25 gms tahini (fine paste of roasted sesame seeds and sesame oil)
To make the pita base
- Mix flour, yeast, salt, pepper, water and sunflower oil. Knead well to form a smooth dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave aside to rise for about 20-30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 small balls and roll into rectangles.
- Bake at 100-120 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Run garlic, parsley, 10ml olive oil, lime juice, tahini and chickpeas in a blender to make a thick paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice tomatoes and marinate in rest of the olive oil along with salt and pepper for 5 minutes. Grill in a non-stick griller.
- Slit pita into pockets, line with grilled tomato slice and spread 2 tablespoon hummus in the middle.
- Serve with a dip of yogurt, finely chopped garlic, tahini paste, salt and pepper.