Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories: 150 Kcal
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrate: 23 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber:4 g.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped carrots, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth (vegetable stock or broth may be substituted)
- 4 large strips orange zest
- 1 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, optional
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (dill may be substituted)
In large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and add carrots and onions. Sauté about 7-8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth and orange zest strips. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, uncover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Let mixture cool for several minutes. Discard orange zest strips.
Working in batches, in food processor or blender purée mixture until velvety smooth. Return soup to pot. Stir in ginger and orange and lemon juices. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Over low heat, let soup simmer for 5 minutes for flavors to mingle. Garnish with chives and serve.