- Calories: 258 Kcal
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrate: 24 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Sodium: 600 mg.
- Salt: 1/4 tsp.
- Medium eggplants 2 small , peeled and sliced, about 1/2-inch thickness
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp.
- Green onions 1/4 cup , chopped
- Onion 1 medium , coarsely chopped
- Pepper 1 bell (red or green) diced
- Mushrooms 1/2 cup , sliced
- Clove garlic 1 , minced
- Dried Italian seasoning 1 tsp.
- No-salt added tomato pure 2 cups é
- No-salt added diced tomatoes 1 (14-oz.)
- All-purpose flour 1/4 cup
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Low-fat cottage cheese 2 cups
- Shredded 1¼ cups , low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle salt over eggplant and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Sauté onions, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add seasoning, tomato pureé and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 22 minutes.
- Coat eggplant with flour, front and back. Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add eggplant slices in batches and cook, covered, until browned, turning once about 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- In a 7 x 11-inch casserole dish, spread about 1 cup sauce. Add a layer of eggplant. Top with 1 cup cottage cheese, more sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat again, placing a layer of sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.