Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- Calories: 261 Kcal
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrate: 47 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sodium: 172 mg.
- Quinoa 1/2 cup
- Water 1¾ cups
- Salt 1/8 tsp.
- Unsweetened almond milk 1 1/2 cups
- Apple cider 1/2 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Quick cooking steel-cut oats 1/2 cup
- Granny Smith apple 1/2 , cored, peeled, and shredded
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp.
- Dark maple syrup 1 tbsp.
- Ground flaxseed, optional 3 Tbsp.
- In medium saucepan, combine quinoa with 1¾ cups water, and salt. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 15 minutes. Off heat, let quinoa stand for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup of quinoa aside. Transfer the rest to a container and refrigerate for up to 3 days for another use.
- In medium saucepan, combine almond milk, cider and 1/2 cup water, and bring to a boil. Immediately stir in oats, and add cooked quinoa, grated apple and cinnamon. Simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring several times during the first 10 minutes, then frequently during the final 5 minutes to minimize sticking.
- Divide porridge among 3 bowls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of maple syrup over each serving. Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of the flax seed, if using. Serve immediately.