- 147 calories
- 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat)
- 22 g carbohydrate
- 5 g protein
- 3 g fiber
- 234 mg sodium
- 1 cup millet
- Fat-free, reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds*
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced parsley
- Cook the millet according to package instructions, using broth instead of water.
- A few minutes before millet is done, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion, celery, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Add cooked millet to vegetables in skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the millet seems too dry or too thick, use a little extra broth to thin the mixture.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parsley and serve immediately.