Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- Calories: 180 Kcal
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrate: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 160 mg.
- Canola oil spray
- Pumpkin seeds: 1 cup *
- Walnut oil: 4 tsp. (olive oil may be substituted)
- Ground ginger: 1 tsp.
- Cloves: 1 Pinch
- Cinnamon: 1/2 tsp.
- Chili powder or paprika: 1/2 tsp. (optional)
- Dark brown sugar: 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp.
- Dash salt
- water: 2 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with canola oil spray. Either pre-toast whole seeds from pumpkin (as noted above), or spread hulled seeds on pan in one layer and toast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, whisk together oil, spices, sugar, salt and water. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, until seeds finish toasting.
- Remove seeds from oven and stir into spice mixture, coating evenly, and cook on stove for another 5 minutes. Return seeds to baking sheet, patting into one layer. Bake about 10 minutes, until crisp.
- Remove from oven, let cool and gently loosen from baking sheet with tip of metal spatula. Store in a tightly covered container.