Fat: 12 g (2g saturated fat)
Carbohydrate: 14 g
Fiber: 3 g.
- 8 wooden or metal kebab skewers
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breast (or chicken breast)
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Soak wooden kebab skewers in water.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with foil (1 pan if grilling).
- Mince garlic.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove 2 tablespoons marinade and set aside in large bowl.
- Cut turkey breast into 16 equal size chucks. Add turkey to medium bowl with remaining marinade and toss well. Set turkey aside to marinate.
- Cut and seed each bell pepper; cut into 8 pieces and add to large bowl with reserved marinade. Add cherry tomatoes and toss to coat with marinade.
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and then each half into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- To assemble kebabs on skewers slide on tomato, green pepper, turkey, half an onion wedge, red pepper, other half onion wedge, turkey, yellow pepper and tomato or in preferred order. Lay kebabs on baking pan(s).
- If broiling, position oven cooking rack 6 inches from broiler and turn on high. If grilling, prepare grill.
- Broil or grill kebabs 6 minutes. Turn kebabs and cook 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey is 165 degrees F.
- Serve with yogurt.