- Calories: 298 Kcal
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrate: 43 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Fiber: 13 g
- Sodium: 237 mg.
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 Tbsp.
- Chopped onion: 1 Small
- Vegetable broth or fat-free: 4 cups , reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Frozen baby lima beans: 1/2 cup
- Can no salt added black:1 (15-oz.) , Great Northern, or navy beans
- Frozen mixed vegetables: 1 cup
- Frozen tri-colored bell peppers: 1/2 cup
- Dried oregano or thyme: 2 tsp.
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- Frozen broccoli florets: 1 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1/4 cup
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and bring liquid to boil. Add lima beans, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add canned beans, mixed vegetables, peppers, oregano and pepper flakes and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. This soup keeps, covered in refrigerator, for 3 days. Reheat in covered pot over medium heat.
To serve, divide soup among deep bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, or pass it separately at table.