Calories: 240 Kcal
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrate: 38 g
Protein: 4 g
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup Bhutan Red rice, or other red rice
- 1½ cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tsp. stuffing or poultry seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, plump cranberries, raisins and apricots in orange juice, 20 minutes. Drain and set fruit aside. Reserve juice for baking or for glazing sweet potatoes.
- In medium saucepan, combine rice with 1 cup broth. Add 1 cup water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for 3 minutes less time than on package directions, until rice is slightly less than tender. Fluff with fork, cover and set hot rice aside.
- In small Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 8 minutes. Add cooked rice, soaked fruit, almonds, stuffing seasoning, remaining 1/2 cup broth and mix to combine. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. When broth boils, cover, and bake for 30 minutes, until dressing is hot. Fluff with a fork and let dressing sit for 15 minutes before serving.