- 32 calories,
- <1 g total fat (0 g. saturated fat)
- 6 g carbohydrate
- 1 g protein
- 2 g dietary fiber
- 6 mg sodium
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the eggplant in a baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes. Let the eggplant cool, then cut in half lengthwise.
- Scrape the insides of the eggplant into a blender or food processor and discard the skin. Puree the eggplant, leaving it slightly chunky. Add remaining ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste, and process until just combined.
- Serve with sliced raw vegetables, whole-grain pita wedges, or use as a sandwich spread. Makes 6 servings (about 2 Tbsps. per serving)
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp. minced scallions, trimmed
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper