Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- 35 calories
- 2 g total fat (0 g. saturated fat)
- 4 g carbohydrate
- 1 g protein
- 2 g fiber
- 35 mg sodium.
- 3 cups mixed leafy greens, chosen from the following: bok choy (Chinese cabbage or Chinese chard), choy sum (Chinese flowering cabbage), Swiss chard or spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 tsp. finely minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and diced
- 1/2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the greens in a vegetable steamer or in a covered pan with a small amount of boiling water.
- Sprinkle ginger and garlic over top of greens, and then scatter the water chestnuts on top.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed oil evenly on top.
- Cover and steam greens until tender, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.