Nutritive InformationPer portion:
Calories: 265 Kcal
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 19 g
Protein: 23 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 599 mg.
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 Tbsp.
- Garlic clove: 1 large , cut lengthwise into thin slices
- Chopped onion: 1 cup
- Fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth 1 cup
- Mussels: 2 lbs.
- Lemon Juice of: 1/2
- Tomato: 1 medium chopped
- Flat leaf parsley: 2 Tbsp. chopped
- In large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Pour in broth and cook for 3 minutes.
- While onions cook, in colander rinse mussels under cold running water, and set aside to drain.
- Add lemon juice to pot. Heap in mussels. Sprinkle tomato into pot. Cover pot and steam for 5 to 6 minutes, or until mussels are opened. Immediately scoop mussels into big serving bowl, including onions and tomatoes from pot. Sprinkle on parsley.
- Divide liquid from pot between two bowls. Serve mussels with liquid for dipping.