Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories: 210 Kcal
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fiber: 7 g.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 32 oz. reduced-sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth may be substituted)
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 plum or Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives, coarsely chopped
In soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté about 6-8 minutes. Add carrots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, chickpeas, squash, zucchini, potatoes, corn, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until squash and potatoes are tender, but not mushy. Then stir in tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
Place in bowls, garnish with basil and chives and serve.