Nutritive InformationPer Serving:
- 360 calories
- 11 g total fat (5 g saturated fat)
- 45 g carbohydrate
- 23 g protein
- 11 g dietary fiber
- 310 mg sodium
- 2 eggplants (about 3 lbs.), quartered lengthwise
- 6 medium zucchini (about 3 lbs.)
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 15 oz. low fat ricotta or low fat cottage cheese (or a combination of both)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 lb. whole-wheat no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, set aside.
- Slice the eggplant and zucchini in 1/2-inch slices. Layer on two baking sheets and coat both sides of the vegetables with cooking spray. Roast for about 40 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta and/or cottage cheeses, eggs, Parmesan, nutmeg and garlic powder.
- To assemble: spread a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover with a layer of pasta. Spread with one-third of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle one-quarter of the mozzarella over the ricotta. Spoon one-third of the roasted vegetables on top. Top with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and continue the assembly as directed until you have 4 layers of pasta and 3 layers of filling. Spread the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.