6 g total fat
4 g carbohydrate
21 g protein
1 g dietary fiber
167 mg sodium.
- 1 Tbsp. wasabi powder (not paste)
- 1 lb. fresh cod fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Ponzu Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. whole-wheat panko
- 2 tsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. white sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix wasabi powder with 2 teaspoons water and set aside.
- Place cod in wide, shallow bowl. Reserving 1 teaspoon for vinaigrette, pour Ponzu Sauce over fish. Turn cod to coat all sides. Marinate cod at room temperature for 6 minutes, turning pieces after 3 minutes.
- For coating, in wide, shallow dish, combine panko, black and white sesame seeds and salt. With your fingers, smear wasabi paste over top of cod. Place cod wasabi side down in panko coating, taking care to coat evenly.
- In medium cast iron skillet or other pan that can go into oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add cod coated side down to pan and cook until topping is golden brown, about 1 minute. With pancake turner, turn cod over. Slide pan with cod into oven and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until cod is just opaque in center at thickest part.
- Serve immediately.