Our body needs a lot of nutrients to function well. Vitamins and minerals play an important role in helping us to stay healthy and active.
Although we get the required amount of nutrients from the everyday food and beverages that we intake, we need to take health supplements to complete our healthy daily diet.
It is a universally well known fact that women need much more vitamins, minerals and other forms of nutrients than men.
It’s because their body’s biological process differs from men to a large extent.
Women go through menstrual cycles at the age of puberty. They become mother to a child after pregnancy, and in the later years of their life, they also experience menopause.
Hence, they are prone to have fluctuation in their nutrients level leading to experiencing various symptoms related to a number of diseases.
In order to maintain the required amount of vitamins and minerals in the body, women need to know more about the right nutrients helping you to stay fit always.
Nutrients Essential for Women
Various kinds of vitamins play a pivotal role in maintaining general health of women.
- Vitamin A: Greatly helps to have sharp vision, improves the functions of skeletal tissues and maintains healthy skin texture.
- Vitamin B1: Aids in maintaining metabolism of the body and producing energy. It also helps in getting rid of unwanted body fat.
- Vitamin B3: Quite needed to prevent falling prey to cardiovascular ailments.
- Vitamin B5: Maintains immunity, stimulates hormones to function properly and provides energy to the body.
- Vitamin B6: Greatly known to help in producing Myelin.
- Vitamin B12: Necessary nutrient for formation of red blood cells and nerve cells.
- Vitamin C: Must to include in diet as it helps in growth of body tissues and prevents from wearing out.
- Vitamin D: Necessary for middle aged and elderly women as it helps in bones to remain strong and maintain immunity of the body.
- Vitamin E: It prevents health disorders happening due to free radicals.
- Choline: Provides elements to improve liver function, stimulate nerves functions and to enhance muscle movement.
Minerals for Women:
Deficiency or lack of minerals in the body can aid in entangling yourself in severe health issues. Some minerals are quite essential for women’s bodies to function well.
- Calcium: Well known as a bone builder, it prevents bones from wearing out quickly and keeps it strong. To keep teeth and nails healthy, calcium is the most wanted mineral. It is mostly available through dietary supplements and fortified foods.
- Magnesium: It has great positive effects on smooth functioning of enzymes. It helps in keeping your cardiovascular system healthy and prevents weakening of muscles. To maintain a healthy immune system and detoxification of the body system magnesium is required in certain amounts. Best sources of the mineral are leafy green vegetables, avocados, grains, dietary foods and raw chocolate.
- Iron: It is one of the most prominently present minerals in the body to regulate the formation of red blood cells and to maintain hemoglobin level in the body system. Decrease in iron mineral results in fatigue, dizziness and falling prey to anemia symptoms.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.