Women’s Health & Fitness Day is the largest health promotion event for women of all ages. It is always held on the last Wednesday in September.
Don’t have the time to sign up for an event?
Here are 5 Ways to Celebrate Women’s Health & Fitness Day
Schedule a Check-Up
If you are short of time to make it out to a Women’s Health & Fitness Day event Use the day, as a reminder to schedule a preventative physical exam with your primary care doctor or with your OB/GYN, especially if it’s been awhile.
The following health screenings are recommended for women between the ages of 18 and 39:
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Diabetes screening – If blood pressure is above 135/80 mm Hg or body mass index is above 25
- Eye exam – Every two years
- Pap smear – Every three years starting at age 21, every five years after age 30 (if previous results were normal)
The following health screenings are recommended for women over the age of 40:
- Blood pressure screening – Every year
- Cholesterol screening – Every five years
- Diabetes screening – Every three years starting at age 44
- Colonoscopy – Every 10 years starting at age 50 if there’s no history of colon cancer in your family
- Eye exam – Every two to four years between ages 40 and 54 and every year starting at age 55
- Mammograms – Every one to two years
- Osteoporosis screening – Women under age 65 who have risk factors should be screened
- Pap smear – Every three to five years.
Workout with a Friend or Partner
Invite a friend or your lover to make workout more fun and motivational. This can assist weight loss and feel good factor. Try different activities such as yoga, Pilates,hiking, jogging or walk down a memorable trail.
Eat Healthy All day Long
Incorporate a healthy diet such as fruits and vegetables to increase your calcium, vitamins, and other nutrients. Rather than eating junk food or processed food, try making a nourishing meal or a wholesome snack to keep you satisfied. Drink enough water. If you are not a fan of consuming eight glasses of water a day, then try fruit or citrus-infused water or low-sodium broths. Try a new dish for example, with quinoa one week then try cauliflower rice the next.
Give yourself a healthy beauty treatment.
Try these DIY food facials or schedule an appointment to check yourself for skin cancer and allergy.
Pamper Yourself and Rub out stress with a massage.
While a little bit of stress is fine for the body, prolonged stress can take a toll on your body, including weight gain, hair loss, and blood sugar swings. Book an appointment for manicure, pedicure, or a body massage and enjoy for no body deserves it more than you.