Chicken with Ginger
Serving : 4
Preparation time : 20 minutes, plus marinating
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- 375 g (12 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece of fresh root ginger,
- peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, diagonally sliced
- 1 small green pepper, corned, deseeded and sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated rind of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Cut the chicken into 7 cm (3 inch) strips. Combine the sherry, spring onions, carrots and ginger, add the chicken and toss well to coat, then set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan or wok. Add the sliced garlic, celery and green and yellow peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken pieces and their marinade and cook for 3 minutes more. Stir in the soy sauce, the lemon juice and rind and the chilli powder and cook the mixture for a further 1 minute. Divide between 4 warmed serving plates, and serve immediately.
Nutritive Information :
- Calories 287 kcal;
- Carbohydrates – 5 g;
- Protein – 22 g;
- Fat – 6 g .
- KJ – 698
- Kcal – 166
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.