Spider Bagel Pizza Bites
These adorablly spooky pizza bagel bites make a tasty app for guests before your Halloween feast starts.
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried Pinch of crushed red pepper,
- optional Salt and pepper
- 8 whole-wheat or regular mini bagels, sliced in half crosswise
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 8 pitted large black olives
- 8 pitted large green olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large pan, mix tomatoes, oil, garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, if desired, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Place bagel halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread 2 Tbsp. sauce onto each bagel half. (Cover and refrigerate or freeze any remaining sauce for another use.) Top each with 1 rounded Tbsp. shredded cheese.
- Slice 1 olive in half lengthwise. Place 1 olive half, cut side down, in center of 1 bagel half to make a spider body. Slice remaining olive half into 8 thin crescents to make 8 spider legs. Arrange 4 legs on each side of body to complete spider. Repeat with remaining olives and bagel halves until all bagel pizzas are decorated.
- Bake pizzas until toasted and cheese has melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve.
Cheese Pizza Bagels
- 1 bagel(3 1/2 inch/plain), cut in half
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 4 black olive slices
- Halloween plate (painted at As You Wish)
- Create a polka dot plate! First, paint the entire plate with 2-3 coats of black. Next, use the eraser of a pencil to add orange dots on the plate. Dip the eraser into the orange paint and lightly press onto the plate. You can add polka dots to just the rim of the plate or the entire plate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread each bagel half with 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Pull string cheese into strips and place on the bagel in a zig zag pattern, to look like mummy bandages. Cut off the excess cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and into the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool and place 2 olive slices on each bagel half, to look like mummy eyes.
- Place on your polka dot plate and enjoy!
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.