Share the best part of your job as a model? How do you go about managing the demands of your job?
I love to travel and seeing new places and modeling has given me an opportunity to see places I never thought I would have seen.
There is both a challenge but also an excitement not knowing where you will go next and when. It can be overwhelming at times with the unknown, but, when we get forced to more or less learn to always “be ready “to go at any time it keeps you engaged and motivated.
What exercises is an integral part of your workout routine? Five must-do mornings stretches to relax muscle tension?
The yoga practice I do really depends on the time of the day, my mood, and energy. It can be a faster high intense vinyasa with fun music or sometimes very restorative and with a lot of pranayama and a very long Shavasana.
I also like switching it up with lifting weights to build strength and with Pilates to strengthen my core (which also ends up helping my yoga practice.) On a nice day, it feels great to go for a run; I am bad with running inside on treadmills.
Some nice morning moves,
- Lazy twists, lying on your back, knees bent and together to touch in the center, letting your feet be wider than your hips, then let the knees fall to one side and breath into the stretch. Repeat on the other side.
- Side stretches, from sitting cross-legged, tall spine, and keep both sit-bones grounded. Then reach right arm, up overhead towards the left, palm facing down. Let the left arm and shoulder be relaxed down on the left and stretch the right side. Repeat for the left side.
- Happy Baby, lay on your back, bend your knees and grab the outer edges on your feet. Allow the knees to stretch down towards the armpits on either side. Try to keep your spine flat and grounded on the floor and heels vertically over your knees.
- Supine twist, laying on your back and let both legs fall 90 degrees from your upper body to one side, turn gaze to the opposite side. Repeat on the other side.
- A couple of sun salutations to get your blood flow going.
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.