Nutritive InformationPer portion:
Calories: 150 Kcal
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 9 g
Protein: 4 g
Fiber: 99 g.
- Fresh or frozen blackberries 1/2 cup (defrost if frozen)
- Coarsely chopped shallots 2 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 Tbsp.
- Fresh lemon juice 4 tsp.
- Agave syrup 2 tsp.
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tsp.
- Dijon-style mustard 1/2 tsp.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lightly packed mesclun salad mix 4 cups
- Reduced-fat fresh goat cheese2 slices (3/4-in.) or 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Whole blackberries 6-8 , for garnish
- Place all dressing ingredients in bullet-style blender or mini food processor and whirl until dressing is creamy and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let dressing stand in refrigerator for up to 24 hours before using. Makes 1/2 cup dressing.
- Divide greens between 2 salad plates. If using cheese, set a slice in center on top of greens, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of Blackberry Vinaigrette over salad before serving. Or, drizzle on dressing, then sprinkle walnuts on top. Garnish with 3 or 4 whole blackberries. Reserve remaining dressing for another use. It keeps covered in refrigerator for 3 days.