Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories: 210 Kcal
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fiber: 7 g.
- 2½ cups diced ripe cantaloupe, about 1/2 melon
- 2 Braeburn or Gala apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 lb. strawberries, halved, or 1/2 of 10 oz. package frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, for garnish
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, for garnish
- 12 mint leaves, cut crosswise into thin strips for garnish
In large saucepan, combine melon, apples, grapes, strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Add 3 cups water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until fruit is very soft, 12-15 minutes. Uncover and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer contents of pot to blender. Wrap dishtowel around top of blender. Firmly pressing down blender lid, whirl soup until smooth. It will look creamy. Doing this in 2 batches may be necessary.
- Pour soup into 1 large or 2 medium jars and let sit at room temperature until lukewarm. Refrigerate soup until well chilled, 6 hours to overnight. Just before serving, shake jar vigorously.
Divide soup among 6 wide, shallow bowls. For garnish, divide blueberries, raspberries and mint among the bowls. Serve immediately.