Nutritive InformationPer Serving
- Calories: 370 Kcal
- Fat: 18 .5 g
- Carbohydrate: 38 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Fiber: 7 g.
- 1 lb. prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
- 4 large crimini mushrooms, stemmed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut crosswise into thick slices
- 1 medium orange, yellow or red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, cut vertically into 4 slices Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 large basil leaves, cut crosswise into thin strips
- Divide pizza dough into thirds. Set aside one third for later use. Divide remaining thirds in half, for a total of four pieces. Gently form into balls and place in lightly oiled bowls. Cover bowls with dishtowel and let sit until dough is soft and pliable, 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how cold it is.
- While dough warms up, for topping, in mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, onion and garlic. Sprinkle on salt and 4-5 grinds pepper. Add 4 teaspoons of oil, and using your hands, toss until vegetables are coated with oil. Set vegetables aside for 30 minutes.
- When pizza dough is soft, lift 1 piece and pat it into a disk. Holding disk by its edge so dough dangles down, gradually work your fingers around the edge, turning and gently stretching it into 4-inch disk. Place stretched dough on large baking sheet and repeat with remaining 3 pieces.
- Cover dough and let rest for 10 minutes, until soft enough to repeat, stretching pieces to 7-8 inches. Neat, evenly thick rounds are nice, but do not worry if dough is irregularly shaped and thin in places. Leave dough on baking sheet, covered, while preparing grill.
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or charcoal grill until ash on charcoal is white. Place marinated vegetables in grill basket. Grill, stirring vegetables occasionally, until crisp-tender, 7-8 minutes. Set grilled vegetables aside.
- Turn gas grill to low or move coals all to one side of charcoal grill. Use remaining oil to brush disks of pizza dough lightly on both sides. Arrange dough on grill; for charcoal grill place pieces on side without coals. Grill 5-6 minutes, until dough is puffy on top, and bottom is golden brown with darker spots. Thin areas will be darkest. Using tongs, turn pizza crusts over. Immediately sprinkle one-quarter of cheese over each crust, leaving 1/2 inch edge.
- Close lid and grill until bottom of crust is golden with darker spots and cheese is just melted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove grilled pizza crusts to individual plates and heap one-fourth of grilled vegetables on top of each crust. Sprinkle on basil and serve immediately.