7. Simple Superfood Bars
- 1 cup pecans, raw
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup (1 scoop) Sneakz Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups oats, quick or old-fashioned
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit (recommend dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries, bananas, and/or apricots.
- Add pecans to food processor. Pulse until a fine pulp.
- Add melted coconut oil, honey, Sneakz protein powder, vanilla extract, and salt to pecans in the food processor. Turn food processor on until a large ball forms from mixture.
- Add oats, hemp hearts, and pumpkin seeds to food processor. Turn on until well-combined and mixture is evenly moistened.
- Lastly add mixture of dried fruits to food processor. Pulse until fruit is lightly chopped and evenly dispersed in mixture.
- Spread out large piece of parchment paper over a 7×11 baking dish. Transfer contents of food processor to pan lined with parchment paper. Firmly pack mixture into pan until evenly distributed. Place pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or long enough for coconut oil to harden. Slice bars to preferred size, making small cubes for smaller kids (and hands). Cover bars and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Enjoy!
8. Oats and Quinoa Cereal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 large apple
- 2 large pears
- Almond milk
- Combine the oats, quinoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats and quinoa are tender.
- Serve warm topped with chopped apple and pear, walnuts, pe- cans and almond milk.
- Add maple syrup or honey for added sweetness.