13. Banana Strawberry Brekkie Mug
By Wendy Hodge
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 chopped strawberries
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- good shake cinnamon
- 1 large dollop almond butter
- 1-2 dessert spoons Greek yoghurt
- In a large mug, mash the banana, add the egg and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the oats, chopped strawberries, vanilla & cinnamon and mix together.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes. If it’s still a bit gooey in the middle, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave when cooked, make a small well in the centre and add the almond butter.
- You can eat straight from the mug, or transfer to a bowl and top with some Greek yoghurt as well.
14. No Bake Chocolate Energy Bars
By Wendy Hodge
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup flax seed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp Goji berries
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, except the boiling water, until well combined and the mixture forms crumbs. Make sure the dates and oats are finely processed.
- Slowly add the boiling water until the mixture clumps together; you may need a little bit more than the 2 tablespoons, I find I do if my measuring isn’t spot on!
- Pour the mixture into the slice tin and press it down firmly and evenly.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for an hour or two before cutting into bars.
15. Fruity Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
- 2 bananas
- 3 dark sweet cherries (frozen)
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (strawberries, mangoes, it’s up to you!)
- 1/2 cup of pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups of juice (any kind)
- (Optional) 1 teaspoon of honey or applesauce
Blend all of the ingredients until well-mixed. Pour and enjoy!
The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.